UVera is hiring! We’re looking for an environmental enthusiast in the role of Communication Manager who will support us in running European and global social media campaigns on the environmental impact of UV filters and healthy sunbathing.
We are looking for someone who has a good understanding of climate change, is passionate about the environment and eco-friendly behaviours, and is experienced in how to build engaging communications around meaningful life sciences projects. UVera is driving the change in the global biotech market. We need a Communications teammate to help us show it to the world.
Flexible across the EU, but travel may be required to Lodz and Warsaw and other key locations in Poland.
Permanent | Full Time | Flexible Working options available
- Developing communications content with tailored messaging aimed at segmented audiences (B2B/B2G and B2C). Creating dynamic and engaging written and digital content in English.
- Producing accurate, engaging, and timely content for a range of external media and internal channels, including print and digital content (press releases, website updates, social media posts, internal newsletters), audio and video (scripting and direction), and face-to-face (presentations, speeches and scripts).
- Enhance and protect the reputation of UVera through the planning and tactical execution of internal and external communications campaigns in support of our operational and development activities.
- Position UVera at key events, conferences and round tables in Poland and beyond as a thought leader in the defined themes.
- Design the communications strategy and map out the proactive and creative formats, partnerships and potential media and social media alliances.
- Run UVera Press office, equipping the key spokesperson with professional materials, backgrounders and briefs, supporting building consistent UVera narrative.
Essential Skills and Experience: The ideal candidate must
- Have 5+ years of proven experience in communications, strategic media relations or public relations in international markets, the life sciences industry will be a plus.
- Be passionate about communications and media relations with a finger on the pulse of the latest industry trends and can deliver measurable results. Good level of understanding of B2B, B2G and B2C communications will be a plus.
- Have the ability to work with, and engage, a broad range of internal stakeholders.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build an engaged community.
- Have an independent, organised, and flexible approach to managing your time and workload to deliver to a variety of deadlines.
Proven ability to think ahead, problem solve, engage proactively and take the initiative.
Applications (cv and cover letter) should be submitted online via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates will be invited for an interview.
UVera is a fusion of innovation and an interdisciplinary approach to skin protection against UV sun radiation. Our mission is to provide society with a natural & safe skin UV protector which has no negative environmental impact on the planet.
Most sunscreens contain harsh chemicals that are toxic to marine life and our health. Each year tons of it end up in the water. Some may put the human body at risk, cause DNA damage, allergies or even disrupt hormones. They are responsible for the destruction of coral reefs and marine biodiversity.
There is a GLOBAL need for new & eco-friendly UV sunscreen. We provide the solution by offering the cosmetic market a 100% natural, eco-friendly, and safe UV protector, which is produced with the engagement of biotech processes by a specific strain of bacteria.
Our innovation won the EIT Health InnoStars Awards 2019, European Innovation Council’s Accelerator “Green Deal” grant 2020, and EIT Health Catapult Award 2020. Thanks to Alex Casta Audience Award in December 2020, our logo was displayed at Nasdaq Tower in NY! UVera is a finalist of the Social Innovation Tournament 2021 organised by the European Investment Bank Institute and of 2021 MIT Enterprise Forum CEE. We have been chosen as the most promising startup in Poland by Rzeczpospolita (2021), My Company Polska (2022) and Bankier (2022). CEO Magdalena Jander Ph. D. is on the Forbes Women List of 2021.
The company founders have extensive experience in commercialising life-science projects, and implementing innovations to the market. They have multi-layered knowledge and an interdisciplinary approach to solving scientific as business challenges. UVera’sprimary mission is to bring solutions that have a positive impact not only on society but also on the natural ecosystem. Our team consist of motivated experts, and fans of innovations, who are united and energized around the good cause – to protect the environment and health of millions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.